Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So Long, Farewell, Au Revoir, Arrivederci, Sayonara ...

May the road rise up to meet you, 
May the wind be ever at your back.  
May the sun shine warm upon your face 
And the rain fall softly on your fields.  
And until we meet again, 
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.  

                                                                                                   ~Irish Blessing


So the goodbyes have started(Where is the "good" in "goodbye" I ask??)  Milly &I have spent the last 4 days in Nottingham Road with the folks which has been so special and so divine!  Thanks mom & dad - especially for putting up with the constant snacking of the pregnant fairy!

While here some inexplicable impulse made me decide to start knitting a scarf - given the fact that I last knitted blanket squares about 10 years ago for a school project for Josh & Kyle, this was indeedy a strange desire.  I thought it would be brilliant to be able to give my hands something to do on the plane too until mom reminded me that if they didn't allow face cream on the plane she didn't think knitting needles would make the grade!  Oh well, hope they've got "Eat, Pray, Love" on the movie list at least ...

What an emotional moment when mom presented me with a gift for RubyRose - a beautiful pale cream baby quilt with applique hearts and a single ruby rose in the centre.  Very, very special Mom - I love you xxxx




That's definitely decided her room colour scheme: cream, ruby and dusky pink ... I can picture it already.  

Talking of RubyRose, Kyle has decided she needs a second name ... "Otherwise mom, how is she going to know when you're cross with her??  KYLE ALEXANDER BRISTOW is SO effective you know!"  LOL. So any suggestions are welcome!  Thanks Kyle my love :-)


So friends goodbye's on Saturday and then family on Sunday ... wow, this is harder than I thought! 

Talking of family & mom's, someone special is in my thoughts ... Ness, I'm thinking of you and feel your heart ache xxx. Being a mom is not as simple as it sounds, as all us mom's know.  So often there is heartache involved that nobody warned us about.  You're the one they love & sometimes hate too ... & that is so painful for a mom.  Mom's & son's will ALWAYS have a special bond, no matter what. 

Remember these wise words my love:


"It's not easy being a mother.  If it were easy, fathers would do it."  ~ The Golden Girls
Hope that brings a smile to your face hun!


Love to you all till next time xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment