Wednesday, October 13, 2010




"Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life."

                                         Sophocles -

The day has come, the time is now.

And oh how bittersweet this truly is ... the hardest thing I have EVER had to do - leave my beautiful, gorgeous, very special boys behind for now.  What an absolute ache, even though I know time goes by so quickly & they will soon be with me again, this is truly THE most heartbreaking time of my life.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your 
heart go walking around outside 
your body."

                                                  - Elizabeth Stone -

So I really do leave my heart behind for now, split in two, walking around a continent away from me ...There will not be a second of a minute of an hour of a day that my boys will be far from my thoughts.  As any mother knows, no matter how old you & no matter how old your children get, they will always be your babies, always be your miracle of life.  That your whole universe changed & nothing was ever the same again, nothing seemed exactly as it seemed before, what the world meant & what everything meant was forever altered when the strongest relationship on earth was born - the indelible, indestructible love of a parent & a child.

There are 3 things I leave behind with my boys, with Josh & Kyle.  The first is my heart for they are my world, my life, they are my everything.  

The second is the amazing essay, 'The Awakening'.  Truly inspirational, truly what life should be, the gift that every parent should give to their child - powerful, powerful words that resonate with every single person who reads them ...

The third thing I leave them is a wish, for them and for whatever the future may hold for them:

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children.  One of these is roots, the other wings."

                                      - Carter Hodding -

I truly pray Josh & Kyle, that I have given you roots for then I would consider myself, not a perfect mother for there is no such thing, but a good mother.  And I truly pray that your wings are strong, sensitive, confident, loving, self-nurturing, courageous and open to all the wonderful possibilities that are out there for you.

I love you Joshua & Kyle.
All my love, hugs and kisses forever, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment